24 January 2018

Tropas Regulares de Marruecos

This entry definitely was a close run thing. Just as I type this I'm waiting for a colleague of mine to pick me up for work. I still have to pack my stuff for the week, so I better make this short.
Well, todays entry sees the first few Moroccan Regulars for my ongoing Spanish Civil War project.



The Moroccans were highly capable troops on the rebel side. They often fought alongside the Legion and gained a reputation as shock troops and excellent fighters in the open countryside.
They also were notorious for their cruelty.



Miniatures are from Empress Miniatures once again and, es ever, were a joy to paint. It did me take a while to come up with a recipe for Near Eastern/ North African flesh. First I tried the "Near Eastern Flesh" triad by Wargames Foundry but results proofed to be unsatisfactory. Not only didn't I get the desired results, but the paints were rubbish as well. Too thick with too low pigmentation.
In the end I settled for some paints from Vallejo I already had at home.




These are but a start to my planned force of Regulares, but for the moment I can field a unit of six alongside my Legion in games of Chain of Command. Before I get back to these I might change subject and scale first - somehow I feel like doing 15mm.

14 comments:

  1. Next small masterpiece! 8о
    I look forward to continuations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful, top drawer stuff Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job on these characters, beautiful painting and basing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful work Nick! I really do look forward to seeing these!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really good once again! Uniform wise these are certainly among the coolest in my opinion!

    How long does it take you approximately for a band of this size? I'm really not getting ahead with my WWW2 miniatures somehow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need roughly 2-3 hours per figure, thus I've probably spent as much time on these as I spent at work :-/

      Delete
  6. Also could you tell me which colours you used for the green on these? It is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark. It's VMC Olive Green for the shadow, followed by VMC Reflective Green as base and then layered up adding successive more VGC Rotten Flesh.
      Hope that helps.

      Delete
  7. Yes excellent work, your attention to detail in amazing
    cheers John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work as usual Nick! Your SCW project is really inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome painting and I think you not only hit the flesh tone very well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you've nailed these Nick - cracking work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent work on the minis, vivid colours and all!

    ReplyDelete